I got a lot of positive feedback on the newsletter about surrendering New Year’s resolutions. I think it spoke to a number people. I had to practice my own advice quite a bit last fall as I was rebranding my business. I had hoped to have my new logo and website completed by November 2016.
As you can see, things did not go according to my desired time frame, but by surrendering my time frame and continuing to stay focused on the end result, it all worked out in the end. I am very happy to say the new website is now up and running! Please take a moment and check it out! www.connectionpointcoaching.com
As you venture into the New Year, stay focused on your goals, and remember to leave room for navigation. There will be bumps along the path. Here are some simple reminder tips on how to remain calm and aware of how powerful you are in shaping your life! You might want to print this, and pick one exercise to practice each day. You will be happier if you do!
1. Be present in your life and mindful of the present.
When you drive your car, unload the dishes or take a walk, focus your mind on what you are doing. Notice the moment. It is powerful in resetting your system.
2. Eat well, exercise, and treat yourself to loving, nurturing self-care.
Taking care of yourself is not self indulgent; it is critical to happiness and success. If your body, mind and spirit are feeling depleted, you need to focus on this step!
3. Spend quality time with family and friends. Keep in touch; say I love you!
Research has proven that the more connected we feel to others, the healthier we are and the longer we live.
4. Take time within the day to renew yourself.
Take a walk, read a poem or book, listen to music; bring beauty into your life. Treat yourself to something you want to do; retreat from your daily life.
5. Clean up; fix what’s broken. Forgive what needs to be forgiven, and let go.
Holding on to stuff, both physical and emotional, that no longer serves you is energy depleting. Resolve to let it go, and do so.
6. Commit to only those things you really want to do!
Say yes to the things you want to give your time and energy to and that are essential to you. Say no to anything else.
7. Give to a cause; volunteer or lend a hand to an individual or family in your community that could use it.
Helping others changes your perspective and helps you recall how blessed you are!
8. Practice your spirituality in whatever form you choose to express it!
Developing a spiritual practice daily, keeps you calmer and aware that you can handle any challenges that arise.
9. Laugh every day.
Make it a part of your day to watch a funny video or read a funny passage! Laughing changes your brain chemistry for the better!
10. Take time to dream and play.
Practice acting like a kid once a day! Go fly a kite, look at the clouds, imagine there are dragons, dance and be silly!
Author’s content used under license, © 2008 Claire Communications