I wanted to share this top 10 list, because the start of my New Year has not been what I would classify as great…very stressful would be a better description but more on that later.
I have practiced quite a few items on this list in the last week to help me stay focused on gratitude and finding satisfaction and happiness in small accomplishments.
Hopefully, these are good reminders for how to use your mind wisely, when adversity strikes.
1. Start off with a plan. Ask yourself what one thing you can do or accomplish, that will feel good to you.
2. Be mindful. Throughout the day, be present in all that you do.
3. Do first things first. Give priority to the important.
4. Connect with friends and family.
5. Lighten up! Find time to play and enjoy yourself.
6. Give yourself something nice. Eat something you love for lunch. Gift yourself with a bunch of flowers or a massage. Take a walk in the sun.
7. Learn something new.
8. Complete one thing. Do something you’ve been meaning to do. Finish a project or a task.
9. Do something good, or give something to someone, anonymously.
10. Be, instead of Do. Be a human Be-ing, rather than a human Do-ing.
Author’s content used under license, © 2008 Claire Communications