Hope you enjoyed the series on building greater emotional resilience!
We are full on into summer which brings fun, food, heat, and new adventures, but it can also lead to short tempers and family frustrations. I thought sending along a list of 10 strengths would be a good reminder of how to stay strong when challenges arise.
When you master these 10 strengths, you may see help come in the form of improved relationships, greater joy and connection with yourself and others, and enhanced communication with all.
- Respond instead of react. When you react, you give away your personal power. Use your rational mind to respond, not your emotional mind.
- Identify and learn from your judgments. Judgments are often a reflection of our own self judgements, inner needs, and values.
- Reach out when you need it. Asking for help is not a weakness.
- Keep your word—especially to yourself. Beautiful palaces are built on this foundation of integrity.
- Speak what is true for you. Authenticity begins here, now.
- Take time for yourself. This isn’t narcissistic or indulgent. Caring for yourself helps you care for others better.
- Know what you want. Take the time to figure out this one. It’s worth it.
- Don’t take things personally. Even if it sounds personal, it usually isn’t.
- Honor your limits. Setting boundaries is an act of caring.
- Recognize fear as a guide, not a barrier. Your dark side is a friend when seen in the right light.